Monday, February 8, 2010

Has anyone else ever felt like their home builder had too much control over the process?

I feel like I am at the mercy of my home builder.





They rip me off with upgrade prices and refuse to make any changes or adjustments even when the house is not even started.





It's annoying when I am paying out hundreds of thousands of dollars and I feel like my builder is bullying me around.





ggrrrrrHas anyone else ever felt like their home builder had too much control over the process?
Upgrade prices? That should have been addressed before they broke ground. If they are buying a material that is no longer available and are replacing it with a comparable one that the cost is yours. If the builder is just choosing an upgrade, he should not have that authority.





As far as changes and adjustments, what exactly are you talking about? Some walls are load bearing and can't be changed and some changes affect the materials list which affects your cost.





I don't have enough information from your question to really help but I have been involved in new home construction and remodeling (with the family business although it is just a side thing for me) my whole life and most builders (good honest ones) get upset with constant changes that add to his time in the job with no additional pay.





I wish I could help more.Has anyone else ever felt like their home builder had too much control over the process?
I've kinda had an experience like that. I was getting my haircut and I wanted a specific style. The lady was totally changing it up and I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want her to get mad. I ended up walking home feeling unsatisfied and empty. lesson learned. If your paying that much money for all that, you need to get what you want and not feel like they're swindling you. You need to put your foot down and be firm. Get up in their faces and tell them what's gonna get done and what's not. Or else you will get swindled and feel empty inside just like your wallet will be.
You are paying them. They don't have any more control than you let them have. They have to do what you want (within the local, state, and federal regulations). Upgrades are an option not a requirement. It depends on what type of contractible agreement you have with them, what type of building they are constructing, and where.
  • hair straightener
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment