Monday, February 8, 2010

Is there a process to switching brands of birth control?

I've been on birth control for years but I cant remember and I have to switch my pill immediately. I currently have to packs of pills leftover from when I switched before that I will be taking as I cant get an appointment woth my doc until next month =(





I'm on Yasmin switching to tri-cyclen. Do I need to stop the yasmin and have a period and than take tri-cyclen or can I just switch it right now?Is there a process to switching brands of birth control?
When switching pills, you should complete your pack of Yasmin, have your period, and then switch to Tri-cyclen. It is not good to just switch brands in the middle of your cycle it throws your hormones out of whack.





Also, I know you didn't ask this. But I would also not recommend jumping back and forth between brands without consulting your doctor. I don't know where you live, but when I am in an emergency and can't make an appt. with my doc I always go to the walk in clinic and they take care if it. I mean, you must have switched away from tri-cyclin for a reason before right? Your best best would be to go to a walk-in and get a new prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment