Monday, February 8, 2010

What process does a dog groomer go through to get the undercoat under control?

Someone used the phrase ';Blow out the undercoat';. What exactly does that mean? Do they have a special blow dryer they use on shedding dogs? The reason I am asking is I just called Pet Smart and she said they just do a lot of brushing. I mean, I do that here! I don't want to pay 65.00 if they are only going to brush him. Please tell me what process they go through for the shedding dog. Thank you.What process does a dog groomer go through to get the undercoat under control?
you need a brush specially designed for the undercoat. typically wire with a slight bend in each bristle so it grabs all that fine, thick fur and pulls it out. you can of course do this yourself and yes, it is time-consuming plus you need to keep doing it until the whole undercoat has shed. then you get to do it again next year. your dog will be very grateful.





start at the dogs rump and work your way up his back and sides instead of vice versa. raise up the nap of the the fur with your other hand so you can get close to the skin and undercoat with each stroke. remember to clean out the brush often as it fills up quickly.What process does a dog groomer go through to get the undercoat under control?
They use a power blower, which is like a hair dryer but very powerful and doesn't use heat like your own hair dryer would. It literally blows the water out of the coat, like those electric hand dryers in restrooms. If you don't want to pay a groomer that much, consider purchasing a Metro dyer yourself. Here's a link:





http://www.sitstay.com/dog/supplies/serv鈥?/a>
They use a very fine toothed comb to remove the undercoat and then use the dryer in combination with the fine toothed comb to remove all the excess undercoat.





Honesty, use your $65 and purchase a FURminator. I swear by this brush! I have three giant breeds who are known for their undercoats and this is the only brush I have found that removes the entire undercoat. I love it!





I wish you luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment